I first meet Annie, through @SpencerHowsen from ABC 612Brisbane Breakfast Radio I had sent him a tweet asking about a 3:30am flight that went over my home, I had not heard it before and wondered if it was something special. He referred me to Annie.
Annie has returned to ABC Radio on Tuesday evenings with Rebecca Levingston.
So call in with your perplexing questions,,,
We thought now would be a good time to get to know Annie a little better. OK, get comfortable, feet up? lets talk:
Annie, tell us a little about your background, family education travels dreams etc
I’m a girl from country NSW. Left school end of grade 10 and went to Day Secretarial College to learn shorthand and typing like all good girls did back then. My career has ranged from Dental Nursing, to secretary, to HR Manager, to Radio Producer to Marketing Specialist. I prefer to call myself a writer and a researcher these days.
When did you 1st start wanting to know how things worked, what things did etc?
I’ve always had a healthy thirst for knowledge. The internet is like a dream come true for me. There are answers to everything, everywhere.
What is the weirdest thing you have ever had to discover?
There have been so many strange things. One of the weirdest and most interesting was researching if you drilled a hole from Brisbane through the centre of the earth where would it come out? This hole is called an “antipode” and Google has an antipode map – fascinating. Sometimes the boring sounding questions end up with the most interesting answers.
What is the most common question?
Not so much a question but questions about origins of phrases are the most common.
Do love the hunt or the result most? ie the journey or the destination?
I love the hunt, trying to find something that no one else can find. For example a gentleman wanted to know what a particular building housed back in the early 1900’s. After much research I found a map of the streets of the Brisbane City during that period with the names of the buildings on them. I was able to ascertain it was a bank. I sent him a copy of the map and he was so happy he sent me a certificate of achievement – it was rather cute.
Now Annie, These are the famous 10 Questions from ‘Inside the Actors Studio’ slightly adapted.
1. What is your favourite word? Cinque (5 in italian)
2. What is your least favourite word? “Totes” – as in totally
3. What excites you? A mystery to solve or writing
4. What bores you? Repetition and ironing
5. What sound do you love? My teenage sons’ bedroom doors closing after they’ve been out at night
6. What sound do you hate? Police sirens when my teenage boys are out
7. What do you love doing most? Writing
8. What profession would you not like to do? Nurse
9. Chocolate or not chocolate? Chocolate
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Ah Annie, I’ve read all your books and loved them.
Answers are ©SolutionsAnnie
Personal blog: www.lifeanddandelions.com